Malta is not only a reputable location for businesses, it is also rated as one of the world`s best destinations to live in. The central location in the Mediterranean with excellent climate, a stable economy, good healthcare and education, safe environment and friendly mainly English speaking inhabitants have attracted already quite a number of expatriates. Our services include valuable advice and sourcing on the  purchase of property, schools, locations, transport and advice on the individually most beneficial residence scheme applicable on the client and its processing and implementation.

There are various schemes up to citizenship currently available for EU/EEA, Swiss, Norwegian, Liechtenstein and Iceland Nationals.  Other nationals are approved also, but under discretion of the authorities. There are also specialized schemes available for High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) from certain desired sectors and for retirees from EU countries.

An overview of the current schemes can be found on these links:

We can guide you through all the options and also assist on the entire application process to provide the best solutions for your plans, weather for you individually, your family or your business. We understand, that the decisions to be made have to hold long term and are to be taken on a base of best possible information.

Malta Citizenship by Investment

Malta has been a member of the EU since 2004 and is part of Schengen since 2007. Citizenship obtained under this program grants the rights of full European citizenship for life and can be passed on to the future generations by descent. With Maltese citizenship one has access to all investment opportunities in Malta and Europe, which are available for all EU- citizens. Malta`s Banks have been ranked under the top 5 soundest banks in the world. and beside Germany, Malta is currently the only EU Member state maintaining economic growth in the Euro Zone.

The Malta Citizenship by Investment Program is the first EU approved citizenship program. (Maltese Citizenship act, chapter 188, laws of Malta, amendment, LN 47 of 2014 )

There are a number of conditions under which citizenship can be granted under this scheme, such as a “Fit and Proper” test and a rigorous due diligence process by the government, to guarantee that only deserving and reputable applicants of good standing are allowed to proceed for the grant of Maltese citizenship.

Candidates have to demonstrate clean criminal records with checks, being conducted with the International Criminal Court, Interpol, and various other sources, and being able to show clean police conducts at all stages of the process. A health certificate is obligatory showing also the applicant is not suffering from a contagious disease.

Furthermore, the applicant is required to contribute a minimum of 650.000.- to Malta. 70% of this contribution is going into a government fund run by trustees, the remaining 30% finance a consolidated fund, supporting education, public health, innovation, job creation and other social projects. The fund is on the same level as the Central Bank.

Spouses have to contribute another 25.000.- €, unmarried children between 18 and 25 years and dependent parents must contribute 50.000.- € each.

Applicants are required to rent (at least for € 16.000.- yearly, 5 year contract) an adequate Maltese residence or purchase a local property for the minimum of € 350.000.-

An investment of at least € 150.000.- is to be made in bonds or shares and to be kept for 5 years minimum. The investment needs to be made in stocks sanctioned by the government as beneficial to the island.

Candidates have to show evidence of a genuine link with Malta and should have spent some time in Malta before citizenship is granted, (usually 12 months after the effective date of the commitment to Malta)

Applications are to be made and processed wholly by Identity Malta, and need to be presented by an accredited and licensed Agent. The fees and services of these agents vary widely. However, we can guide you accordingly.